Welcome Fern Hill Families!
Bienvenidos Familias de Fern Hill!
Comprehensive School Counseling Program
Endorsed by the National School Counseling Association(ASCA) & the Oregon School Counseling Association(OSCA)
The purpose of Comprehensive School Counseling Programs include:
- Integrated into the entire educational program to reach all students
- Preventive and intervention focused
- Systematically organized by licensed school counselors in collaboration with other professionals
- Accountable and evaluation-based
Comprehensive School Counseling Delivery Systems include two components:
- Core Curriculum: provides content systematically to ALL students in classroom and small groups
- Individual Student Planning: assist students develop education, career and personal plans
- Responsive Services: addresses immediate concerns of students
- Program Planning & School Support: evaluating the school counseling program, 504, TAG, and shared responsibilities with all school staff
- Referrals, Consultation & Collaboration: interacts with others to provide support for student achievement and attend meetings/teams